Hey everyone!
I hope you are well and enjoying freedom from exams if you have had to endure them this year! In my last post I mentioned that I have finished my degree, meaning my time at University has come to an end (sob!). Last week that became all to real when I had to move out of my student house and back home.
I absolutely adored my room at Uni, so before I packed it all away, I decided to take some pictures to show you all what my room had been like for the past year. It was so nice to have a blank canvas to be able to do what I liked with (within reason!), and I loved having a place that I had made home myself.
 |
| I
was lucky enough to have a big double bed in my room, and got a blue and white
dotty duvet cover from Cath Kidston. I
feel like a duvet cover can completely make a room, and so it’s important to a
nice one that you like! I had bunting
hanging above my bed (I am a total bunting fanatic!), and also had a wall with
loads of photographs next to my bed, to make my room feel a bit more homely and
remind me that there is a life beyond exams and deadlines! |
 |
My chest of drawers was positioned next to my desk. In here I mainly kept my Uni books and
folders, as well as bits like pens and important documents that I didn’t want
to lose! I decorated the top with a sign
that says ‘Dance as if no-one were watching, Sing as if no-one were listening
and live every day as if it were your last’.
I love this saying as it totally encourages you to seize the say! I also had a beautiful bunch of flowers that
were given to me as a leaving present, but when I wasn’t lucky enough to have
fresh flowers, I keep fake ones in the vase because I think flowers add such a
nice touch to a room (although I prefer fresh by far!)
|
 |
My desk was quite small and I usually went to the library or
my friend’s house to work so it didn’t get very much use! I kept my pens and pencils in a pot shaped
like wellies which I think is so cute! I
also kept two faux cacti on my desk to try and add a bit of life to it! In this picture you can also see my beloved
All Blacks rugby calendar and a full length mirror which I put in my room
because I cannot function without proper access to a mirror!
|
 |
Over my chest of drawers, and on the main wall of my
bedroom, I had a wall sticker (the ones that peel off) to stick on. This is one of my favourite sayings of all
time; I always say it to myself if I’m struggling to have faith in myself. I feel like this made my room a bit more
unique, and always inspired me when I was feeling a bit down and uninspired.
|
Next to my mirror I kept three wicker baskets which I kept
my every day make up, hair and skin products in, as well as other bits that I
might use for nights out, meaning I could easily find everything. I have tried to recreate this in my bedroom
at home but it just doesn’t look as good!
I bought a gorgeous purple sequinned drape to go over my
window, partly to add some decoration to my room and partly because my next
door neighbours could see into my room so I preferred to have some netting over
it! I draped fairy lights around it and
loved to switch them on at night to make my room feel super cosy.
 |
I didn’t have anywhere hidden to keep my printer and it
looked really ugly sitting on the carpet, so I tried to make it look a bit
better by piling some Vogue magazines on top.
I’m not sure it really did much for the aesthetics but I liked the look
of it!
I also had a wardrobe where I kept my clothes and also a HUGE walk in wardrobe (how lucky was I?!), but they were a bit of a mess before packing, and looked super sad and empty after I had packed everything up.
I hope you enjoyed a little tour of my Uni room; I loved living there and was very sad to say goodbye! I love looking at other people's rooms to get ideas for my own (and partly because I'm just nosy!)
I hope you're having a lovely summer (or winter if you're from somewhere else in the world!)
Keep Sparkling x
P.S. I would also like to apologise for the weird time that this post is being put up (almost 3am in England); I am working full time at a residential job, so I only have time to write posts in between shifts/ free time - so sorry if I am not as engaging with your blogs as I would like to be, I promise I will do as much as I can in my spare time!
|
The design of your room is so cute and it's a wonderful place to have spent the last year. I especially love the quote on the wall :)
ReplyDeletehttp://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/
Love your bedroom. I especially adore the wicker baskets, I tried something similar but it doesn't look nearly as good as yours! xo
ReplyDeletehttps://57-days.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/22-reasons-to-thank-my-friends.html
Your room looked so lovely Sephy! I've just moved out of my uni house and I'm really missing my bedroom that I spent weeks personalising, I love how you've arranged the things on your chest of drawers!
ReplyDeleteamielouiseblair.blogspot.com